Wednesday, October 6, 2010

miserable.

I am so thankful to God that He makes me feel miserable when I am without Him.
Although I despise the feeling, I know it is necessary to bring me back to Him.
At times I forget the gospel. I forget about His grace.
I go back to seek the pleasures of this world.
And again I find no joy.
Once again He turns me to Himself.

So I thank God that He alone is the sole giver of satisfaction.
Only in Him am I complete.
And no matter how many times I seek for pleasure in outside sources,
it will never be found.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you are going through, the same exact thing happens to me frequently. Only He can satisfy. Why can't I get that through my thick head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm always smacking myself on the forehead and saying "duh"! it's a good reminder for me when i feel miserable to turn back to the only one who gives true and genuine satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete